-
June 14th, 2006, 01:49 PM
#1
emsmombuysdolls
Guest
I think that is a wonderful hobby and am trying to get my dd to channel some of her AG energy in that direction. Can you email or write tips on the best ways to clean the dolls up and getting them looking nice again. Is it hard to take the dolls apart for a "Douny Dunk" and what about limb tightening? My brother frequents flea markets on the weekend and says he finds "nasty AG dolls" all the time. So we have plenty of inexpensive practice dolls at the ready.
-
June 14th, 2006, 01:58 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi and welcome to the board.
You are about to embark on an awesome adventure. Up at the top of the messages there are what we call "sticky's" please read through them and you will find all sorts of information on how to restore dolls. You would not beleive what some people can do. And they have everything down to the littlest detail on how to restore these beautiful morsels.
Please take before and after pictures and post them, that's the best part, sharing them with us.
Have fun and happy collecting. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
June 14th, 2006, 02:00 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Check the stickies at the top of the page--especially the AG-related sites--these have lots of good advice for cleaning, restringing, and reconditioning doll hair.
( And if you have any spare "nasty AG dolls" available for cheap, PLEASE PM me! I'd love to take your extras off your hands!)
[img]smile.gif[/img]
-
June 14th, 2006, 04:07 PM
#4
emsmombuysdolls
Guest
Thanks ladies! I didn't even think to check the stickies. DD and I are going to the flea market this weekend so I will keep everyone posted on what we find.
-
June 14th, 2006, 04:49 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Welcome! I also have a restoration album in my siggy. You should be able to get some tips there!
Good luck!
-
June 14th, 2006, 05:05 PM
#6
Inactive Member
There's also a restoration album in my photo albums, a link to which is also in my siggy. [img]wink.gif[/img]
And I also might be interested in any left-overs you might want to get rid of, in your "messed-up" AG department.
Have fun!
Joy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks